Thursday, April 18, 2013

Searching for Roy G Biv II - Yellow update 1

Yellow is a color I will forever associate with spring because of the jonquils and goldenrod that seem to explode from the ground once the temperatures begin to warm. 


Yellow is present in small splashes around the house and in my studio as well. From the collage made by friend and Torpedo Factory artist Jeanne Garant, to my trusty measuring tape, to the fringe of a scarf Deb brought me from her India trip. And then there's a sight we see everyday...a simple yellow line painted against a black textured background.


Among the yellows around the house are photos taken by me in 2008 when my husband and I went to China to bring the little urchins home. Yellow, in all its variations, was as prevalent a color as red and the two were often found in combination. Alas, I never stopped to inquire why or what meaning the two had.

The middle photo gives you an idea why not and what our days were (and still are) filled with. That's Grace happily chewing on a fabric duck while Ellie stretches to reach the alphabet cube.

For more yellows, take a stroll over to see what Julie, Maya, Fiona and Deb have found this month. Do you have yellow?

Lisa and Kim answered the call for yellow. And they are delightful!


16 comments:

  1. Love your bits of yellow! beautiful collage, road stripe and fringes... and of course the China pictures - delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your yellows, Jennifer! The 'triangles' in the three right-hand images in your first collage especially drew me in. The collage by your friend is very striking. And what a richness of patterns you discovered on your trip to China - not to mention two sweet little urchins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny that you pointed out the triangles in all the right-hand pieces!!! I hadn't noticed. How observant is that?

      Delete
    2. I think it's pretty amazing that you gathered all of those triangles with your unconscious alone!!

      Delete
    3. Just how I like to photograph things...just a tad askew...probably how I see life if one were to get all philosophical. Still find it funny that I'd never noticed.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jennifer- Enjoyed your selection of yellows today..love the tassles on your gift from Deb, the yellow roof tiles from China. So wonderful to see the sweet urchins...boy have they grown (maybe one of these days I'll get to meet them!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! Those cute little urchins come to my...well...they're at the top of my breasts now. I figure I've a good 3 or 4 years before they tower over me...and then I'm really in trouble!!!

      Delete
  4. Love the yellow Jennifer - such a bright happy colour and I am off now with my camera, to see what I can find around the house that is yellow too. I adore the phot of you baby urchins - wish we could just sit and have a long chat over coffee and you could tell me how all this came about ..... about your trip to China, your babies etc. One day perhaps ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susan, I'd love to be able to sit and chat. One day we will. John has said the girls need to be a bit older before I can take enough time away to visit you and Fiona. Perhaps we can meet in the middle before then. Hmmm...where would that be?

      Delete
  5. Hi Jennifer
    Love your inspiring blog... and you make me love rust too ;)
    Dox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dox! Perhaps we'll have you rusting things in time as well.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful blog - so next to rust this is your favouite and maybe - some prussian/teal blue?? You are a marvel - love it!! have a weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a happy colour don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. So full of life and laughter is yellow.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...